It’s that time of year again! Texas heat is brutal and you may find difficulty keeping your apartment comfortable, even with a brand new AC unit.
We’ve devised some tips for working your AC smarter, not harder.
Here are some tips for keeping cool and maximizing your AC:
- Be sure to keep your blinds closed.
- The windows in your apartment are single-paned which means heat passes through them easily. So, thermal curtains should be a big help in keeping heat out.
- Make sure your leave your bedroom door open and your bathroom door shut to maximize your air flow.
- We also strongly recommend not turning your thermostat up during the day—that makes your AC have to work extra hard in the evening and raises your electric bill!
- Remember that residents are entitled to a FREE AC filter. Be sure to pick one up in the office every month!
- And finally, please be aware that appliances (dishwasher, toaster, oven, even your freezer) and electronics put off heat.
If you try all these tips to no avail, then feel free to contact the office to have your AC inspected.
❤ Carrie & Aurora